Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Recipe: Salsa

I've come to rely on the Pioneer Woman and Tasty Kitchen for most of my recipes. I love her step-by-step photos and shortcuts. Since I want to start sharing more recipes on this blog, I thought I would share my very favorite salsa recipe. I make this salsa several times a month. You may be turned off by the canned tomatoes, but give them a try--you will not be disappointed. Pioneer Woman says that canned tomatoes are best for salsa and fresh tomatoes are best for pico de gallo. Here is the link to the recipe on her website with all of the fancy pictures: Restaurant Style Salsa

Restaurant Style Salsa
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients
         1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
         2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
         ¼ cups Chopped Onion
         1 clove Garlic, Minced
         1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
         ¼ teaspoons Sugar
         ¼ teaspoons Salt
         ¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
         ½ cups Cilantro (more To Taste!)
         ½ whole Lime Juice

Preparation Instructions
Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Does it taste like Cozy's salsa? ;)

Elisabeth said...

In my quest for DIY Cozy salsa, this is the closest recipe I've found.