- The big event last month was weaning. His last feeding was on 2/17 and he hasn't seemed to miss it. I can't believe it was so easy. He still doesn't like whole milk, but we make up for calcium in yogurt and cheese.
- He has become increasingly more verbal. He tries to mimic us when we talk and it's so sweet to see him discover language. Favorite words are still hi, bye, mama, dada, papa, dog, ball, book, banana, sock, shoe, duck, cat, hat, heart, oval, sit, yuck, yum, and owl.
- He's climbing on EVERYTHING! It's a little maddening trying to get him to sit once he climbs on furniture! We constantly tell him to sit on his bottom and that he may hit his head if he stands up. So he walks around the house chanting "sit-sit-sit" while patting his head.
- He still loves books, which definitely pleases his daddy. He will sit in his room surrounded by books and just thumb through them for the longest time. He brings me books to read all day long, often the same ones. Favorites include Dr. Seuss's ABC, Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!, Runaway Bunny, and, of course, Goodnight Moon.
- He uses some sign language still including more, please, I don't know, and finished/alldone.
- He loves to squint his eyes and stick out his tongue.
- We moved to one nap a day on Feb. 25. He started fighting bedtime a little and we didn't want David's parents to have difficulty with his sleep when they watched him. The first couple of days he was pretty sleepy, but he quickly adjusted! He goes to sleep at 1 and usually wakes up at 4 or 4:30! He goes to bed at 8pm and wakes up at 8am.
- What an affectionate boy he is! I love how he he hugs my leg while I cook! He initiates lots of hugs and kisses throughout the day. Melts my heart.
- Molars... he now has 3 out of 4! He's been a champ through each one.
- George recognizes shapes now. He will even point them out when we're away from home!
- He loves somersaulting (with help). He will put his head and hands on the floor and stick his booty in the air.
- I haven't been too great about encouraging him to feed himself. I need to get better about that. He does pretty well, but always makes a big mess!
- We've experimented with coloring. He isn't too interested, but he does try. He just loses interest and want to play with his ball!
Enjoying the mild weather on the village green.
George practicing some of his words.
George kicking the ball in the park.