Thursday, November 6, 2014

36 Week Update

Here we are. 36 weeks and 4 days. Tomorrow is the big day. My mom arrived last night and my in-laws are en route. We were told to arrive at the hospital at 4 am tomorrow morning and the c-section will begin at 6:30 am.

This week we learned that Peter's weight estimate is 5 lbs. 6 oz. (that's give or take a pound) and he's in the 13% percentile! I'm so happy to see that he is growing. At my ultrasound last Friday I got to see Peter open his eyes and look around. It was a sweet but a little creepy if I'm being honest. :) He was also suckling which was just so precious to watch.

I've been worried this week about my blood and risk of DIC. However, my doctors have set me at ease about how they're managing my blood. It's all very complicated, but they are going to have some of my blood-type on hand in case it's needed and they're giving me medication in advance to manage the coagulation. They're not very worried at all. The thing they are worried about is Peter's position in my uterus. He's very high and Henry's in the way. They are a little concerned about extracting him safely.

I have a cyst on one of my ovaries that may require my ovary to be removed. That's the least of my worries at this point.

We'll learn soon if the babies were truly sharing a placenta or not. The doctors haven't been 100% sure and won't be until tomorrow or until lab results come back from the placenta following delivery.

Please pray specifically for Peter's health, my health, and for wisdom and peace all around. David and I are going to feel so much better once we're holding a healthy Peter and I'm all sewn up. Closure, if you will.

I keep singing "One Day More" from Les Mis in my head...

2 comments:

Katie said...

Praying for health and peace and the wisdom of the doctors. You are so strong and brave. I can't wait to meet Peter! Love you.

x said...

Love you so much, Eponine. Add me to that list of folks that are excited to hang with your little Peter and the rest of the gang. Echoing Kate on the prayers for health, peace and wisdom.